Ned is a collaborative and open source 6-axis robot made in France for:
- Higher education
- Vocational training
- R&D laboratories
Its use is particularly adapted to study robotics and programming in the context of the industry 4.0. Ned is the second manipulator robot developped by Niryo, after the Niryo One, bringing up improvments:
- The whole ROS architecture has been redesigned (see diagram below) in order to make Ned more adaptative
- Ned’s mechanical structure relies on aluminum parts, that makes it more robust
- New EasyConnect system for easy tool changes
A powerful robot
- Powered by Raspberry Pi 4.
- 3 Dynamixels XL servomotors.
- 3 NiryoSteppers motors.
- Affordable and polyvalent.
- 6 degrees of freedom to stay true to the industry context.
- Based on ROS.
- Animated by MoveIt
- Rviz and Gazebo simulation
- ROS Package
CoppeliaSim and Webots
- Webots model available
- CoppeliaSim model available soon
- Used for simulation and Digital-Twin.
Multiple End Effectors
- 3 different grippers,
- Custom gripper jaws
- A vacuum pump,
- And an electromagnet.
- The Conveyor Belt to prototype production lines
- The Vision Set and its on-wrist camera to perform image recognition
A full open source robot
- 3D printed
- Source code and STL files accessible
- Fully customizable
Please refer to this demonstration video to see Ned in motion.