= Erle-Brain 2 =
'’ROS Software Maintainer: Erle Robotics’’
Since we made Erle-Brain we’ve got a lot of feedback on what’s most used and useful for users. With this in mind we are happy to announce we have released a new version of our brain: Erle-Brain 2, a more powerful unit, smaller, faster and cheaper brain for building robots and drones.
Erle-Brain 2 ships with a cost of 199 €, includes a quad-core Cortex-A7 with all the sensors needed to create copters, rovers, planes or even hexapods. It includes integrated optional 1080 HD 5MP camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G/4G networks, USB, Ethernet, I2C, HDMI and UART.
Erle-Brain 2 comes with a Debian image flashed, it used the APM autopilot and has ROS Indigo preinstalled including mavros package which exposes many of the APM features on ROS interfaces.
For more information, check out the documentation section related to the latest images
Core software characteristics
- Linux 4.1 kernel compiled with the PREEMPT option
- Debian Jessie file System
- ROS Indigo
Core hardware characteristics
- CPU: 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU, VideoCore IV 3D graphics core
- RAM Memory: 1GB RAM
- Flash memory: microSD compatible
- Sensors: Gravity sensor, gyroscope, digital compass, Pressure sensor and tempertature sensor, ADC for battery sensing
- Camera: 5MP Fixed focus lens, 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video record
- Erle Copter Documentation Index (English)
- Erle-Copter Assembly Instruction (English)
- Erle-Copter Assembly Instruction (Spanish)
- Assembly instructions – Legs (English)
PXFmini Autopilot shield
Erle Robotics maintains a Documentation that mean to instruct how to use their technology.
A video series about how to code autonomous behaviors for drones with our brains technology is available at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL39WpgKDjDfVfiNVG47DBi93wsh2XHKVO.
Post in our forum at http://forum.erlerobotics.com/.
Erle-Brain 2 is available through the Erle Robotics store.